Friday, May 31, 2013

Weigh-In: Week One

So the day has arrived. And I must admit, it's hard already.  If I am truly honesty with myself (which I need to be, if this is going to be a successful journey), I'm not ready to start really watching what I eat and would rather just be lazy and eat mindlessly.  However, the meeting this morning already helped to put things in perspective again.  There are a lot of reasons why I need to get in shape.  Of course, I know I'll feel better about my physical appearance, but it is more importantly so that I am healthy for my family, and more than anything, because it does not honor God to treat my body this way.   

I'm going to need guidelines to stay directed. So, I will post my weight loss (and, I know, sometimes a gain, although hopefully not often) weekly.  I will also take a picture monthly and post that here as well.  I thought about doing pictures weekly, but I want to see more drastic changes than what I will see each week.  

Here goes nothing...

Today's pictures:




They aren't pretty and they show too much of what I try to hide.  But I'm not hiding any longer. God-willing, these will start changing better every week.  I plan on wearing the same outfit every week to show the changes. 

And, today's weight was....drumroll....

296.6 lbs

Yuck.  Not surprising to me, but certainly not a number I want to see again.  Ever. And of course, not anything above it either.

Today's meeting focused on when we emotionally eat, because no one ever got overweight by eating only when they were hungry.  A lot of emotional reasons were given: stress, anger, joy (rewarding ourselves), boredom, sadness.  I have made excuses to eat for all of these reasons.  One that I think happens more now is out of stress, or really, just being busy and not focusing on myself.  I hardly ever take time to plan out my breakfast or lunch for the day. I also tend to eat while we're out running errands and just grab something because I feel to stressed to really plan out anything.  My goal is to start planning out what I'm going to eat ALL day, not just dinner time, which I usually do a pretty good job planning out with healthy options. 

My first challenge is already this coming week when we go camping with some dear friends.  Fortunately, I have a super supportive husband and my friends are also on a journey to eating healthier.  They have also been very supportive, so I don't suspect anyone sabotaging my efforts for this first week. ;)

I won't be able to weigh in next Friday since we'll be camping,  but I'll probably still post something after returning from camping. 

Here we go!



1 comment:

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com