Monday, May 27, 2013

100 pounds, 1 year

It's time to be vulnerable.  Things aren't working the way I thought they would and I think opening up and blogging about this might work best.

Anyone who has known me for any length of time knows that I have always struggled with my weight.  I lost a lot until my wedding,but with settling into married life, having two babies, and really, just making excuses over the last 5 years, I am at my heaviest weight that I ever remember.

First, a confession: I have a food addiction.  Like, a true addiction.  Like, think about what great food I can eat next or get away with eating. I think like this way too many times: What snack can I get from the store and eat before I get home? Do I have cash to go through the drive-through?  It's a true addiction.

This coming Friday, I am joining Weight Watchers and hoping the accountability will help.  And blogging about it along the way- the challenges, the celebrations, and most importantly, what God teaches me on this journey.

My goal is to lose 100 pounds in 1 year.  I will be joining WW on Friday, May 31st, 2013.  I need to be down 100 lbs by June 1st, 2014.  It might seem like a lofty goal, but when I break it down, it equals about 2 lbs a week, which is very achievable.

For anyone who cares to hear my full weight loss story, that will be my next post in the next couple days.  

I'll let you know what my starting weight is on Friday (eek....I can't believe I'm going to post it for all to see...but, I think it is important for the process). 

(P.S....I realize it has been a very long time since I've blogged.  I'm hoping that blogging for this will also get me blogging about other things in my life...specifically my girls.  If I do what I'm setting out to do, I will have a blog post about our dear Abigail who is already 6 months old!). 

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you. I love you heaps and am here for you as you embark on this journey! Through Christ you will knock this goal out of the park!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com