Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers

Today I've had some time to reflect on the blessings of the amazing men in my life: my father, husband, grandpas, and brother. Each of them have wonderful and unique talents and personalities. Most importantly,they are strong, godly men who are spiritual leaders in their homes.

Growing up, I was very blessed with a daddy who made me feel beautiful and appreciated. He supported my decisions and quielty sacrificed so much for me and for our family. He still is such a selfless man who puts everyone ahead of himself without even a second thought. No matter the day, he was always helping my mom with things around the house. He has always been very hard working and is great at fixing things. I wrote this poem back in 2005 about him:





My Father's Hands





the rough edges


crease to comfort


wise hands to configure


the complex machines


of shiny red convertibles


pound metal nails


deep
in cedar beams
creates a world in which to dream


and sleep in bed of clouds



large inelegant fingers


sew small seam gently


back into place


on my favorite red dress


tenderly wipes the tears that slide


down my small cheek



kneads dough for fresh bread


to set at Sunday dinner


persistent to relieve


my mother's gentle hands


at any occasion



gingerly turns pages


of worn leather Bible


all holds truth when


protected by his strength


to sooth mother's from


tension



cares to calm
and warm with talented


worn down hands.







I also could say so much about my husband and the amazing father I have watched him become over this past year. He is so loving, caring, and selfless. He puts Hannah and me first- always wanting to make sure that our needs are met.








And of course I need to mention my Heavenly Father. The One who truly gave the biggest sacrifice for me through His son, Jesus Christ. He is the One who I can count on and trust. And speaking of hands, the One who I tust my whole life with in His hands.




He's got the whole world



in His hands



He's got the whole world



in His hands



He's got the whole world



in His hands



He's got the whole world in His hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com