Friday, May 27, 2011

Hannah: 10 month update




Well, I know it has been awhile since I've blogged and that's mainly due to the fact that May has been a super busy month for us. Not only did we have a lot going on as a family, but unlike traditional school when May is winding down, with K12, this is the month where we as teachers are the busiest. We need to make sure that students are on track with their progress and that we have conferences with each of them regularly. It just now dawned on me that I haven't really written about my job before. Now that things are winding down, I'll try to write a post in the next few weeks about it.





But now, it's time for a Hannah update! On Wednesday, Hannah turned 10 months old. Somebody pinch me. I must be dreaming. The last 10 months have flown by! There is a reason why the saying "they grow up too fast" is a cliche...because it's so true!!




I am amazed by our sweet little girl more every day. Her personality is beginning to blossom. She is very content to sit and play with her toys but also curious. Now that she can crawl (although it's still more of an army crawl- I think it's due to the fact that we have wood floors and she can get around fast), she loves to explore new areas. Her favorite places are the bathroom and under our bed, naturally two places she should not be going. #1 because she likes to go for the toilet- ewwww- and #2 because we have a power strip with cords under our bed. I definitely have to keep an eye on her and most of the time the bathroom and bedroom doors are closed now!



Some new things:



1. She now loves books- and not just to eat them! Yey! The first place she'll go when we're in her room is for one of her baskets of books. When I finish nursing her, she always reaches down for another basket of books by the glider. After I read one, if I'm about to get up, she starts whining and crying for more. Although I'm trying to discourage the whining and crying, it's just so sweet that the reason is because she wants me to read more. Who can fight that?!




Her favorite book is currently "The Wheels on the Bus." Whenever I read it to her, I sing it, so she now actually hums three beats of the song when she sees the book! I'll have to try and record it soon.



2. Her laugh is getting deeper and more contagious. I'll post a video soon :)



3. She continues to squint up her nose and knows that we'll laugh when she does, so she's definitely doing it to be funny. She can be such a little ham.



4. She is just starting to pull up on things. She hasn't gotten up using the couch yet, but the other day she did on the entertainment center! I think she scared herself because she didn't know how to get back down, but she's definitely getting close.



5. She continues to do "so big," clap, say "hi" and wave. She now also blows kisses or give a kiss with a closed mouth- love it!



6. She has a deeper recognition of the word "no." She will hesitate before doing something now when I say it, and sometimes stop altogether. Yey! Now here's hoping that lasts into her teenage years.



I can dream, can't I? ;)



Routine



We have a great routine going. We usually eat dinner between 6:30 and 7 and she eats with us now-- I do give her baby food still, but she is also great with finger foods so I've started doing that more. Last night we had broccoli, and she's had it mashed up before, but this time she took a big bite of a piece of mine and loved it! I'll definitely encourage that behavior!



After dinner, John and I play with her for another 30 minutes or so and then it's time to start getting ready for bed around 7:30/ 8:00. She doesn't take a bath every night, but I love the nights when I do give her one...clean baby in cpzy pajamas before bed is the best!



Once pjs are on, I nurse her one last time. I love this time of the night because I still put in the "Sing Over Me" CD and sing to her. This CD has become so special to us because it was the only CD I wanted played while I was in labor, and during the first few weeks of Hannah's life, it was what settled her down the best when she was fussy. I love being able to still have this special time to go to. Thank you to my friend Lela for giving me the CD!



Next, we go to the bathroom and brush her 4 teeth! She loves having her teeth brushed...and I think one main reason is because she likes the taste of the toothpaste, haha.



After brushing teeth, either I or John read to her...usually a few books because, as I mentioned before, she can't get enough of reading! If I read to her, then John comes in and says a prayer. Hannah's definitely used to this now and I think she's starting to learn that she needs to be quiet when we pray.



Then it's time for kisses for mommy-she now blows kisses and gives kisses with her mouth closed- and daddy puts her in bed. I love that she has that special time with John right before bed. He always does silly things to make her laugh and I know Hannah really loves it too.



Hannah sleeps from about 8/8:30-7am most days now which has been wonderful! It's nice that John and I have our evenings now and that I can get good sleep again!



Her nap schedule is fairly regular too. She loves to nap. After waking up at 7, she's back down around 9 and sleeps until about 10:30/11. Then up from 11-1 and another nap from 1-2:30. Most days she also takes a third "cat nap" from 4-5 (which is what she's doing right now :)).


I love her more each day and thank God for this amazing opportunity to raise her!



1 comment:

  1. She sounds so sweet and loveable. I just love her smile and all of the joy you experience through your daily interactions.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com