I didn't want to open my journal last night and look at the ways God's blessed me. I was feeling lonely and left out and the devil was using his usual schemes on me to make me feel worthless and captive, not the way someone living with freedom in Christ should feel. But I did anyway, and of course, God helped me to put so much in to perspective.I'm thankful...
71. for a week off from work- spring break!
72. good flights to and from Michigan and a content baby on all of them
73. a genuine and thought-provoking conversation with the person next to me on one of the flights
74. singing lullabies to Hannah with my mom

75. watching my dad "fly" Hannah around the room

76. Hannah giving kisses to my parents
77. that Hannah had a look of familiarity when she saw my parents
78. playdates with Michigan friends and their kids79. watching Hannah interact with a lot of other kids
80. my new rose bracelet to remember Grandpa Hop
81. Hannah's new funny quirks, like squinting up her nose when she smiles

82. that she can do "sooo big" and can wave when we say "hi" and "bye"
83. helping one of my best friend's look at places to register for her wedding
84. late night conversations with my parents
85. relaxing in the home I will always remember as home
86. sharing in the joy of friends and their pregnancies
87. Crown Financial
88. putting together a clear budget with John and honest conversations
89. a playdate with Tampa friends at Foster park- few and far between since I'm usually working during the week
90. a husband who loves playing with Hannah and lets me have some alone time
91. being able to take a long, hot shower
92. taking the time to do my hair on a work day (meaning I was just staying home, no place to go)
93. snuggle times with Hannah at night
94. God's timing
95. a long, productive talk with our upstairs neighbors and God's hand being so evident
96. outside playdates in the courtyard with Gina and Knox
97. taking care of Javen and watching him play with "He-nah"
98. late night visit with the Waechters
99. visiting with John's dad, sister, and our two nephews
100. a great and timely message at church- and being back at the BP campus after a very long time at the DI campus.
101. amazing news from school about my job that is an answer to prayer- and will make these next few years so much easier
I have shared your feelings of not wanting to open my journal of gratitude many times. Yesterday, I didn't want to and I struggled to find something to be thankful for.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you opened it, as your list is beautiful. It made me smile and reflect on many of my own blessings. The place I will always call home. Late night conversations with parents. A budget (we have got to get back on ours). Good work news!!
I love these posts! I read a devotional book about "Giving thanks" from one of my favorite fiction authors - and have been keeping a thankful journal ever since. I LOVE focusing on blessings He has given! The perspective is so refreshing.
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog Becca. and I love when you do these posts- it lifts me and reminds me to re-engage a heart of gratitude.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE all the pictures of Hannah! She is such a happy baby and it's obvious she brings so much joy to those around her.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite ones this week were 81, 87, 88, 89, and 93. Looking forward to reading next week's list!