Sunday, February 6, 2011

Multitude Mondays: Part I



I've decided to link up to Multitudes on Mondays from A Holy Experience by Ann Voskamp. I've been very inspired by her blog and her genuine, refreshing posts. The point of Multitudes on Mondays is to reflect on what made you thankful throughout the week. I've decided to start keeping a journal and everytime I think of something I'm thankful for throughout the week, I just write it down. I keep the journal close by throughout the day. Even though this week was a little rough, remembering the blessings in my life helped to put things into perspective. Thank you to friends who have inspired me to do so- Amber, Chrissy, and Carolina. :)


I'm thankful...

1. For a healthy, growing girl
2. A baby's laughter
3. Ceiling fans to keep the beautiful breeze blowing without having to turn on the A/C

4. A husband who gets up in the middle of the night to help get Hannah back to sleep

5. A productive conversation with a neighbor

6. A random skype date with both my parents in the middle of a week day
7. That my parents stayed safe through "snowpocalypse" in Michigan this past week

8. Accesible drinking water at any time: something that I take for granted so much. It's hard to even imagine what it would be like without it, as many people in third world countries experience.

9. A God who provides DAILY for our needs

10. Fun packages in the mail

11. Fun ways to save money on baby stuff: like bright-colored cloth diapers, homemade wipes, and homemade baby food

12. The "new" clothes for Hannah that came from a friend at just the right time, as Hannah is switching sizes

13. Sitting down at the dining room table with the family for dinner

14. The smell of a baby right after her bath. Mmmmm....

15. Aveeno "lightly scented" baby wash

16. A husband who encourages me when I'm feeling down

17. A baby who takes 3 good, long naps even when she's teething (especially nice when Mommy is sick :P)

18. Grooveshark and being able to get any song I want- for free!

19. Having a washer and dryer in our place
20. Fels Naptha21. A fun date night with John

22. Time to get out and have wonderful, genuine conversations with John

23. Friends who will watch Hannah so we can go out on a date

24. Sleeping in a little while hearing the rain outside

25. Nursery volunteers

26. Sunday afternoon naps

27. Enjoying the Superbowl with friends- and having lots of laughter together

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I am glad to see you are joining in, but sorry to hear you had a rough week.

    Would you be interested in joining a One Thousand Gift book club with a few of us? Chrissy and I are working out a few details and we'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure :) Let me know when you have more details. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you're joining in multitude Mondays. Its a great way to focus the little things we take for granted and I look forward to reading your posts!

    I will send you the info on probiotics this week, sorry I haven't gotten to you earlier.

    Also be sure to check out the comment I left on your last post. Have a great week sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com