Saturday, January 15, 2011

If These Walls Could Talk...

First off, I want to say that I really do enjoy our new place. However, we do still live in an apartment and because of that, we have close neighbors- very close. Neighbors that share our walls. Thin walls. And wow, sometimes we can hear everything. Our next door neighbors, a middle-aged couple, are nice and respectful people, however when they argue, they definitely do not have a healthy way of communicating (to put it lightly). Our neighbors above us are a whole different story...they are a very young couple, just kids really. These two, trying to make it on their own, have a lot to learn about being in a relationship. Lately there has been a LOT of shouting and arguing and cussing. Frustrating for us? Sure, but more than anything, it breaks my heart.

And it's made me think...hearing these couples argue...it's probably not all that uncommon for couples to fight this way. Don't get me wrong, John and I are human and have our disagreements, but hearing our neighbors through the walls have made me so grateful.

I'm grateful that even in our disagreements, John and I have found a way to communicate well. I'm grateful for a husband who is patient and loving and puts the thoughts of his family before himself. I'm grateful that because we have Christ at the center of our marriage, even the most difficult times are manageable because our perspective is on God's purposes and not our own (most of the time).

Jesus, I pray that we would continue down a path of portraying the relationship between You and the church as the Bible commands, so that even if our neighbors hear us through the walls, we would be representing You.


1 comment:

  1. You do have a great husband and that is a good reminder of what a blessing he is. Sorry you have to listen to these people fight! Hope you guys and little Hannah are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com