Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lasting Friendship

I debated whether or not to blog about this, but I decided I need to because it's a big part of my life and heart.

Sunday, I said good-bye to one of the closest friends I've ever had (really, it's just "see you later,"
but since we don't know if we'll ever live in the same place again, it felt more like good-bye) .

And it's been harder than I thought. Well, maybe not harder than I thought, because I knew it would be hard, but I guess it's harder than any other time I've said good-bye to a close friend. Maybe it's the way Fiona and I just really are able to talk about anything. Maybe it's because her husband and mine were also close friends. Perhaps it's because we both were pregnant at the same time with our daughters and experienced a lot of firsts as mommys together. Really, it's a combination of all these things.

I also think it's because nothing else around me is changing. It's just that now I have a hole where a friendship I treasure dearly has changed.

Not to say that Fi and I won't continue to talk a ton-- Skype dates and texting will be abundant, I know. But it's just not the same as having our girls be able to grow up knowing each other or being able to drive 5 minutes down the road at a last-minute notice to hang out for hours.

I know that God brings certain people into our lives for seasons and that life is constantly changing. I know that we are here to be used as His vessels, where ever he may place us in life.

But it doesn't make it easier.

I know God will strengthen those other close friendships that I have here and that He will put even more wonderful ladies in my life.

But it's still hard.

Sorry that this is a fairly depressing post, I just felt the need to be completely honest and share my heart.

No matter the future, I'm thankful for the 3 years we had close to each other. I will treasure them forever.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your honesty! I felt the same way when Shelly left for NC but I am so thankful we've stayed so close even after all this time. I know you and Fiona will stay close through the years :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babe I didn't see this until now! :( I'm sorry I missed it when u blogged it! I totally feel the same way and I miss u so much!! With so much in me I wish we still lived down the road! :( the distance is so hard. I love u and will also always cherish our years together.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com