Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Nightly Routine

I've decided I need to do more with my evenings. Typically, after Hannah goes to bed, John and I sit around talking for awhile and then it inevitably ends in us both on our computers. He'll be catching up on sports and I'll be reading blogs and mainly just bumming around on facebook. Now, I don't mind him catching up on the sports...we do make sure to take time and talk for awhile first, but I'm just sick of night after night staring at my computer when I could be doing more productive things. So, I'm forming a new nightly routine. I'll still allow myself a little time on the computer, but 30 minutes MAX. Otherwise, I want to be doing one of the following:

* Reading

* Working on Hannah's scrapbook

* Sketching or painting (I'm going to join the Sketchbook Project as something fun to do on the side)

*Other crafts I've wanted to do

*And in the next few weeks before we move to our new apartment, purging things we don't need

(the new place doesn't have as much storage area, which I'm trying to see as a blessing and a way to live more simply. We have waayyyy too much stuff, particularly books that we don't read anymore).

Of course, I'll continue to blog. I'd like to say that eventually I'll have a good routine where I work on one particular thing each night (Read on Mondays, scrapbook Tuesdays, blog on Wednesdays) but I also don't think that will happen. I want freedom in it and I know that there might be a day I really want to blog and another day that I might want to sketch, depending on my mood. So, I'll leave it flexible there.

There you have it, folks. I'll keep you updated on how it goes.


3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate. Sam and I spend way too much time catching up on sports and bumming around the computer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this, Rebecca! I am all about routines, and using our time wisely is honoring to God. I think you will love those nights you are able to work on crafts - and it will help you hang onto those loves as your family grows and your life becomes more and more about raising your children. Perhaps treat it like meal planning... look ahead each week so if there is supplies you will need or a specific post you want to write, you can have it ready to go. Have fun with it! I think that is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just last night, I spent about 30 mins making a diaper bag tag for the boys' diaper bag (something I've had on my mind to do for MONTHS! or maybe YEARS!) and had it laminated. It does feel good to be creative and get something DONE from start to finish :).
    One project at a time, my Dear!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com