Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sigh.

(Disclaimer: The following blog is not to complain. Just to be real. Because life isn't all sunshine and rainbows, and I often find that when other moms blog about their rough moments, it's refreshing. I then realize that I'm not alone in these feelings.)

Whew. What a day. I didn't know little babies could eat sooo much! Today she was either:

A) Screaming (and making sucking noises) or

B) Eating

NOT:

Sleeping. Ahh the sleeping.


I was so very glad for the respite when we went over to spend time with Fiona and Livvi. After a some screaming and then some eating, she slept for her ONLY 2 hours of the day while Fi and I had a break to just sit and watch a movie. Today might have been even harder to get through if it wasn't for that. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom, but today was one of those days where I thought, many times, when does she get out of the stage of: eat, sleep, cry, eat, sleep, cry, eat, sleep, cry? I'm ready to play with her and see her just lay there and play with a toy. And smile. I want to enjoy the newborn stage, and most days I do, but today, on day 18 of her life, I was ready for the next stage.

Now she's asleep with her dad on the couch, so I do get a short break before the eating again.

Or she was. Until 30 seconds ago, and now she's crying again.

And tomorrow's another day.

At the end of it all, I have to remember to thank God even for the hard days because He's blessed me with this amazing little gift when some friends I know have been struggling so hard to become moms. I have to count my blessings for sure. Even when it's not so easy to do so.

3 comments:

  1. I can say the days of eat, sleep, cry do get less. Bennett gets better every day with a few terrible days thrown in there. Thanking God is hard to do when you are exhausted, but keep doing it.

    BTW, I love the blog makeover. Looks great.

    Blogging was and is a great outlet for me when I have had more than I can handle. Especially Multitude Mondays and Journey of Faith Friday's. It helps me to focus on God's goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Rebecca, you are SO not alone!!! I went through a LOT of this with A....and it was actually a milk production issue on my end. I couldn't keep up with growth spurts. It enduced a LOT Of anxiety for me- and for him in the long run. I ended up giving up nursing. :( With C. I just supplemented, and he was a totally different baby! It was so nice to just enjoy him and not worry all the time. Sounds like she's just in a growth spurt. Keep going, mama! You're doing great!

    Love the make over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca- Yes, you WILL have days like that. The good news is, YES- they will grow and move to the next stage. Hang in there. Each stage has its issues. I am learning the journey of a mother is just that, a JOURNEY. You will be growing and changing as much as she is. (In my case, more on my end!!) God is good...take the time you need with Him and Hannah will be better for it too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com