Sunday, July 4, 2010

Celebrating Freedom

Today is a celebration of freedom. I'm extremely thankful to be living in a country where I can wear clothing to express my individuality. Where I can chose where I want to send my kids to school someday (or, keep them at home to home school them...) and where I can, most importantly, express my religious beliefs freely. I pray that it continues to stay this way. I am grateful for the freedom and the rights we have as citizens of the United States. And I'm thankful to all of those who have fought and lost their lives to keep us free.

However, if all this were taken away, I would still be grateful for the freedom I have.

Driving today, I saw a woman just walking down the street holding up a sign that said "True Freedom is Christ." That is so true. I cannot find words to express how thankful I am that the God of the universe would step down into this sinful world of ours, live a human life and be tempted like us all to then take on all of our sins by dying on the cross. Wow. You mean that God loved me THAT much that He would die for MY sin so I could be free from it all and spend eternity with Him? It is hard to completely wrap my mind around. I hope it always stays that way. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

This morning our church played this video. I find it interesting and inspiring. I'd love to know what you think.



John is writing something he's calling "The Declaration of Independence from Sin." I hope to get this posted once he's finished in the next couple days :)

Meanwhile, I'll leave you with some pictures from our relaxing cookout this evening (that was held completely indoors since it was pouring out all day...but that's okay, it was still a wonderful time enjoyed with friends :)

flag cake

The ladies


Livvi- Scott & Fi's "little firecracker" :)

Our little girl isn't looking so little anymore!

Next 4th of July, hopefully our little one will be able to wear this ;)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the new blog makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading John's post. Where did you get your cool font?

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com