I'm a list-maker. I thrive at making detailed lists, including what days I will accomplish everything. Most days I even break it down by the hour.
And even more semi-OCD of me, I will translate everything onto my calendar so that I always have the list with me. I know, crazy. But even as crazy as it seems, it's what keeps me sane!
Things I've done:
Cleaned out the measly little pantry I have. Some might see the limited space as a huge inconvenience. I see it as a great organizing challenge. And I'm happy with what I've done :)
I had some berries and bananas frozen for a day when I had time to actually bake. Like today :)
This is the first time I've made scones...I think they turned out well!
And now comes the hard part. Truly sitting back and relaxing, without feeling guilty. To sleep 12 hours at a time (when my hips will allow it...how loose do these joints have to get?!), to watch episodes of shows that I would normally not crowd my mind with, and mostly, hopefully, spend time with God, praying for our daughter, and soaking up His Word. Why is this the hardest to do? Why is it easier for me to watch mindless trash rather than be in His Word? I really pray that I can turn off my computer and open up my Bible multiple times in the next couple weeks, or at least until our little Bunny is here. And continue it after her arrival. Lord, I pray that I do this, especially dedicating her to You since You gave her to us!
Speaking of giving our daughter to the Lord daily, I've really been struggling with giving control to God lately. Honestly, I have always struggled with giving control to God. However, I have never felt more out of control than now. Not knowing what labor will be like. Not having even a little clue as to how we will get through the next few months financially. Not knowing much of anything past what I'm doing tonight.
But really, I have to remember, do I REALLY even know what I'm doing tonight??? God could completely change something in my life right this instant. What is the point of worrying about the future?? "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (Luke 12:25). I need to remember that even though being out of control freaks me out and is the scariest thing ever, it's in these times when God will be glorified most and will be able to work His plan out in my life. Wow, it's hard to remember. I just keep on reminding myself of this over and over and over again!!
Besides, if my calendar for August looks like this, what great things can God pen in for my future?! Wouldn't I much rather have the Creator of the Universe creating my schedule than myself??
WOW, that is one busy calendar. Thank you for this post. I love the honesty and your hearts desire to give God control. Me too!!! It is so hard.
ReplyDeleteAbout Journey of Faith Friday's: At the top of my page there is a link to the graphic where you can copy and paste. However, next Friday I will try to give more details along with posing a topic. Since it will be the first week it will probably be sharing your salvation experience since that is where our journey begins. Spread the word and I look forward to reading yours!!