So folks. It's been a long long time since I've posted here. And this one won't be too long, although I wish I could write forever...
I'm emotionally exhausted.
Last week one of my closest friends from Tampa lost her 25-year-old sister to a life-long battle with cystic fibrosis.
Today, I found out that one of my best friends from Michigan tragically lost her older brother in a sudden and horrific accident last night. Although she's far away, I am praying that I can be there for her however she needs me. My heart was aching for both my friends.
Tonight I'm meeting with a girl from my church who is dealing with some self-esteem issues and another girl on Friday. I pray that I can be there for them and give them words of encouragement.
Don't get me wrong, I love being able to be there for my friends and wouldn't think for a second about not being there for them. But sometimes, it can be emotionally draining.
It can feel like I'm running on reserved battery power.
My computer just popped up that message a few minutes ago, reminding me to plug in my computer to a power source and it reminded me how much I need a power source.
Giving and giving out emotional energy to people--husband, family, students, and right now more than ever, close friends---is necessary and good, but can only last so long without running out of energy. So I need a power source.
That power source? Jesus Christ. "I can do all things though HIM who give me strength." Philippians 4:13.
I can't do it on my own--I can't do ANY of it on my own, otherwise I'd be laying in bed right now, acting like none of it existed.
When you're running on empty, do you have that power source to hook up to?
I hope and pray you do. And I hope and pray you've found it in the only One who can truly fill you up.
The powerful Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment