Just an hour ago, I was on my way home from work in the downpour of rain, complaining to myself about my taped-up window that I can't afford to get fixed right now and every time it rains, I have to re-tape it and it's such a pain. I was all down in the dumps about not having enough money when I passed by a woman waiting at a bus stop. She held what appeared to be an umbrella, only most of it was wire spokes. About 1/4 of it actually had some sort of material on it. I realized that I had 2 umbrellas in my car--one next to me in case it was raining hard and I needed to get out fast, and one in the back for guests or just in case I left one in the house. Before I really even knew what I was doing, I turned my car around, stopped at the woman, gave her the umbrella and went on my way. Getting back in my car, it hit me. This woman had to rely on public transportation to get around, probably because she couldn't afford a car--I assume as much because she couldn't even afford a decent umbrella. And here I was, in my nice, cozy car, roof over my head, and TWO umbrellas. Who was I to complain about a silly taped-up window?!
I tell this story not to say, "look at the nice thing I did!"-- but simply to remember the blessings God's given me and how I really have nothing to complain about. I have a wonderful apartment, a great job, and a loving husband who also just received an amazing job offer. Thank you God for providing for us above and beyond what we really even need!
No comments:
Post a Comment