Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fresh Rain and Cookies


Happiness is...


Having a wonderful downpour of rain when it's REALLY needed, a beautiful rainbow with it, and fresh-baked cookies in the oven. Two of my favorite smells are fresh rain and cookies baking :) Both within an hour is amazing.


And rainbows leave me in awe. They are beautiful but their meaning goes beyond words. Each time I see one I'm reminded of God's promise. Not only never to send a world-wide flood again, but His covenant that He'd instead send a Savior. We no longer need to worry about God's wrath and destruction of the earth through a flood. If we're covered by Christ's blood and sacrifice, the rain that once fell to wash away the dirt of the earth now washes over the dirt of my life, cleansing me and making me holy in God's eyes. His grace is enough and amazes me each day. Thank you Father!!


Back to the cookies...I'm making them for my students. They aren't normal cookies. They are cardamom cookies, an Indian recipe. I love spices and this one smells amazing! Friday is our cultural festival on South Asia (India, China, Japan, Indonesia, etc....) and this is just the beginning of my baking/cooking! I'll make sure to post pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. You should post your happiness is on our Happiness is blog. There is a link to it via my blog. Although to post you may need to be invited to it and I think Steph is in charge of that. You totally should ask her about it. :)

    How did the cookies turn out? Were they as tasty as you thought!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com