Monday, June 17, 2013

Weigh In Week Three: Keep on keepin' on!

Hey all! I wasn't able to post on Friday after my weigh-in because we left right away to go to Michigan for the weekend, to celebrate my Grandpa's 90th birthday.  It was a quick weekend, but so enjoyable to celebrate his life.  He is a very accomplished man and gives the glory to God in all he does.  So grateful and blessed to have him in my life.

So the house is a mess and even though camping and this past weekend were great, I'm so ready to get the house in order and get back to a normal routine.  I know that alone will be helpful in my weight loss journey.

I must also admit that I wasn't looking forward to writing this post and looked for many ways around it, such as lying or even just skipping it, but I know that point of this is to be honest.  You probably guessed it, but the scale showed I gained this week.

 It showed that I was 293 at WW.  That is a net loss of 3.6 pounds, but a 1.4 gain from last week.  I was very, very frustrated because I tracked everything again.  A couple things, though, that I need to take into account.  First, on Thursday, I weighed myself at home and I was 290.6- so 1 lbs LESS than the previous week, but then somehow, in that 1 day, when I weighed myself after WW at home just to see, I was 292.6.  This first told me that my scale is .4 lbs off, so my weight loss, according to WW, would have been at 292 instead of 291.6.  It also means that I technically only gained 1 lb.  Still not good, though.  I hope you followed that crazy path.  If not, I didn't really either.

I was also feeling VERY crampy and bloated Thursday afternoon and Friday morning, so I don't know if I had too much sodium, too many vegetables like broccoli or not enough water, but it also might have meant that I somehow had a lot of water weight during that time. Or, just crazy hormones.

It also brought back memories of when I was tracking my weight loss on WW before.  I would almost always have 1 week of great weight loss  and then the next week of barely any weight loss, or even a little gain, similar to this, even when I was doing everything the same, so that's just kinda how my body works.

In addition, I only worked out once last week.  I know that my body needs me to be working out as well as eating properly in order to loose weight, so I'm going to make sure I get my exercising in this week, as well as plenty of water.

Oh, and I used my extra points this week on ice cream.  Stupid ice cream.  I thought I could reward myself for every 5 lbs I loose with ice cream, but I just don't think that is going to work, even if I'm allowed those points.  It doesn't work for me.

I'm looking forward to Friday- a new week this week and hopefully a better weigh in.  Meanwhile, I can't be too down on myself because I did follow the program and made MUCH better decisions with what I was eating than I have in a long, long time.

Time to keep on keepin' on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com