Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Genuine Eating

Over the course of the past couple months, we have transitioned to eating quite drastically than we ever have before. John and I both feel very convicted of this for numerous reasons, which I will share eventually. But in a nutshell, our new eating habits include very simple, very pure whole foods. We are eating vegan (no animal products- including no dairy or eggs), gluten-free, and free of processed and refined foods as much as possible. This means eating a lot of things that I make from scratch, and getting creative with different foods.

It may seem difficult, but it's become very fun!

Here's a pizza I have made a few times now (no picture yet): all-natural sauce, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, olives, no cheese, and a gluten-free crust from Red Mill using a flaxseed meal mixture as an egg replacement. It really tastes VERY good!! If you wanted a bit of a cheese taste, you could add a little nutritional yeast sprinkled on top.

AND for those little indulgences when I don't cook:

No, it's not an Eggo waffle, butter, nor syrup...




it's...


Honestly? I think this tastes BETTER than any toaster waffle I've ever had.

And when the sweet tooth can no longer be contained...

Yum. Genuine eating can still taste good!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on eating healthy- It's not easy to eat mostly fresh food, but it'll be worth it on the long run!

    We have the same blue agave and Van's natural waffles in our refrigerator. The glutten free ones are the best tasting (we've tried them all and the whole grain taste horrible). Too funny to read you're eating them too :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Swagbucks.com